Monday, March 14, 2011

Diaper Woes

Before Kira was born, I was convinced I would use Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers. They looked so cute and had the little cutout for her umbilical cord.  The only problem--they didn't work well for her.  I ended up going with the Pampers Swaddlers that the hospital used because they were wonderful for Kira.  They held up well and rarely leaked.  I even ordered the size 2-3 from Amazon so she could stay in them longer.  Although she could still fit into them now weight-wise, her increased activity has made it necessary to move to the next stage.

Unfortunately, so far I haven't found a diaper that works as well.  Pampers Cruisers are great when she's awake, but they leak at almost every nap.  The back is just not designed for a baby who likes to prop her legs up on the breathable bumper in her crib.  Huggies Little Movers work great at nap and bedtime because they have a gather at the back, but they have leaked on three different outings for no apparent reason.  I tell you, fellow parents, it's enough to drive me just a little crazy.

I guess my next try will be Target brand.  I've heard good things about them.  I'm still too intimidated to try cloth diapering, especially since my husband will then change zero diapers.  Guess we'll see how my next try goes.



(Disclaimer:  I was not paid by any diaper company for this post.  Darn it.  Alas, we had to pay for the above diapers.  But if any diaper company wants to send me some to try, I'll certainly post about it.  ;-)  I do have the Amazon Associate links, but there's no obligation to buy anything.)     

No comments:

Post a Comment