Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lorraine Heath Book Review

Okay, I know some of you are not romance fans--sorry.  If you do like historical romance novels, you might enjoy Passions of a Wicked Earl (Avon) by Lorraine Heath.  Set in 1853, the book is about a couple whose marriage had been ruined by a misunderstanding on their wedding night.  After three years of isolation on their country estate, Claire returns to London to give her sister a Season and to win back the husband she lost because she'd been an idiot (but hey, she was seventeen when they married).

You may recall from an earlier blog post that I called the start of the book "okay."  It did get off to a slow start, but the emotional intensity builds as the characters get to know one another better.  In retrospect, that actually made sense.  They hardly knew each other when they got married, and the author does a good job of giving the reader that feel.  I found that by the end, I really cared what happened to the characters; I stayed up way too late last night finishing the book. 

Next, I will start the sequel, Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman (Avon).  I hope it is just as good!  After that... well, I saw on Shiloh's blog that there is a new Mercedes Lackey book out, Finding the Way and Other Tales of Valdemar.  Maybe I'll get on a Fantasy kick next.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment