Wednesday, December 29, 2010

YuDu Part 2: An Actual Project

Last night, I decided to practice with the screen I showed on my last crafting blog post.  While I didn't do the best job preparing the screen, I thought at least a few of the words I burned in would come through okay.  I decided to start with "1337." 

In the last post, I mentioned that I thought I had messed up because the words came through fuzzy instead of crisp.  Well, at least concerning 1337, the problem was with how I pulled the paint.  There is an art to this.  If you pull too much paint across the screen, the design will not be crisp; if you pull too little paint, you won't fill in the entire design.  And if you think you haven't pulled enough paint, DON'T lift the screen to check, then put it back down.  It does not tend to want to go back to the exact same place, so your design will be messed up.

After practicing my pulling technique on paper, I finally got the courage to print on a onesie.  I think it went pretty well.  For the first one, I used light purple dye.  On the second, I tried pulling more than one color at once.

Now Kira can proclaim her uber leetness to everyone!  What Mom wouldn't be proud?

No comments:

Post a Comment